Monday, September 29, 2014

The Apple-Jack Sandwich


I am not usually one to try to create my own culinary masterpiece.  I leave it to the true professionals and carefully follow their directions.  But, one day, after watching way too may episodes of "Chopped," I thought of a sandwich creation that might actually work.  It also incorporates an ingredient that I truly love--apple butter.  There is not too much to this, but it sure does change it up when you eat a peanut butter sandwich everyday!

Ingredients:
Sourdough bread
Apple
Apple Butter
Cheddar Jack Cheese Slices

Spread the apple butter on the bottom slice of bread.  Slice the apple into thin pieces and layer on top of the apple butter.  Lay the cheddar-jack on top of the sliced apples.  Top the sandwich with a piece of bread.  Pop in the toaster over to let the cheese melt.  Then, gobble it up!  It is fall on a plate!



No comments:

Post a Comment